Saturday, June 18, 2011

Last Friday Night...


Hahahaha!  So, um no.  This is NOT what I did last {friday} night.  Waaayyyyy too conservative for that.

But, what I did do last night was join in the 

Handmade by Heidi


And it was great!  We're taking the Rowdy Bunch on another road trip next week.  We're headed to the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. And we're absolutely OUT. OF. OUR. MINDS. camping.
Which means we need pillows. And if you haven't ever been camping with boys,get down on your knees and say a small prayer of thanks,  let me tell you, nothing {NOTHING} comes back clean.  So I didn't want to run the risk of messing up pillowcases that went with any of our sheet sets.  So I did what any other crafty Mama would do....



I made them new pillowcases for our trip.  And of course I had to put initials on them so there's no fighting over who has "MY" pillow. *sigh*


I had a lot of fun with these, and the boys have already claimed them for their pillows right now.  I guess that's at least one more load of laundry I have to do now before we leave.  Swell.







4 comments:

  1. The pillowcases are very cute! Love the idea of initials on them!

    I say that you shouldn't worry about washing them before you go... since they are going to come back dirty and smelling of campfire anyways... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! And cute pillowcases :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pillowcases! Did you use a pattern or just wing it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabric consumption is increasing in everyday life which is why I love fabric...

    ReplyDelete

Facebook Fan Page