Sunday, March 7, 2010

Busy as a Bee

Whew.  Have I been a busy bee this week!  I knocked out 2 crayon rolls the first night I had my machine, and those are birthday gifts for my nieces.  Then on Tuesday, I made this

It's a reversible apron for my sister's BFF.  Tiff's birthday was last month, and Meg asked me to make something special for her.  I absolutely love this fabric.  I saw it in January at JoAnn's, before Megan even asked me to make anything for Tiff, and I KNEW it would be perfect for her.  You see, Megan bought Tiff a sweater for Christmas a few years ago that looked like it was black with pink polka dots.  If you looked really closely, the polka dots were actually skulls.  When I took the bolt to the cutting table, the lady there thought it was cute, and then noticed the skulls and flames.  I think she was a little freaked out surprised by it. But I LOVE how this turned out.  I can't wait to hear how Tiff likes it.

Then I made these for Tiff's girls (and how funny is it that she's getting an apron too, and doesn't know it???)


I love making kids's aprons!  They are so much fun, especially when you see them on their new owners.  As a bonus, here's The Munchkin and Gus-Gus in theirs.


2 comments:

  1. CUTE! Those aprons are easy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the aprons, especially the reversible one. You are very talented. I dropped in from New Friend Friday! Glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete

Facebook Fan Page