Friday, April 2, 2010

104 Easter Egg cookies later....

I was asked about making some cookies for the kids at church, rather than having an Easter Egg hunt after Mass on Sunday.  The boys love to help me bake, so yesterday we fired up the Kitchen Aid.







I used this recipe from CakeCentral, and used Jell-O Cheesecake instant pudding.  The cookies are wonderful.  I didn't freeze the dough before or after cutting it out - I don't have enough freezer space right now (which is kinda scary, cause we have 2 chest freezers, too!).  I used LOTS of powdered sugar under the dough for rolling out (works as good as flour without drying out your cookies) and then used a piece of wax paper on the top.  Cookies are decorated with a slightly thinned out basic Buttercream frosting. 

All I can say is oh boy am I tired.  I had to wait for the boys to go to sleep before I could decorate them, so I didn't get to bed until about 1:30.  And the hubby got stuck in Cheyenne because of the snow storm.  I need a nap!

P.S. Don't you love the silence of pictures?  You'd never be able to tell every other sentence out of my mouth started with "No, don't......"  There's a reason I don't have any pictures of my 2 little chefs helping me. 

And while you are at it, go see what other neat projects there are over at Tam's so you too can 
GET INSPIRED! 








9 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of cookies!! And so pretty too. Visiting from New Friend Friday @ TGC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 104!!!! Wowza, that's some stamina! I bet those cookies taste yummy!


    I found you on New Friend Friday at The Girl Creative and just wanted to say 'hi'

    ReplyDelete
  3. send one on over! Visiting from new friend Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely adorable! I hope you saved a couple for me! I hopped over from New Friend Friday and am so happy that I did. I am a new follower and invite you back to my place to do the same. Have a delightful weekend! until later...

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! those look soooooo yummy!! My mom just gave me her Kitchen Aid and I can't wait to break it out! :) Thanks for linking up to NFF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so awesome! OHhh cute family!
    I am a Mom too. I am following your blog, come follow me too :)
    Happy new friend Friday!
    frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I bet the kids loved them!!!

    Thanks for linking this up...I hope you are having a lovely Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 104 Cookies!!! Wow...you are one amazing woman! I love how you decorated them. They look delicious! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to try this recipe! They look fabulous! Found you from New Friend Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Facebook Fan Page