Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Let them eat CAKE!

So I don't have any new sewing projects to show you today, but for good reason.  I spent Friday and Saturday making 2 1/2 sheet cakes for 2 different events.  I lost a little bit of time on Friday because the Peanut decided to keep me on my toes and run a 102 degree fever 2 days in a row with no other symptoms.  After our RSV ordeal in February, I didn't want to risk anything, so off to the doctor we went.  No idea what was wrong with him, but he seems to have knocked the fevers off.
Anyhow, back to the cakes....


The first was a Lemon Cake with Fresh Strawberry Cream filling, covered in Butter Cream.

There were pink footprints all around the side of the cake, too.  Cute, huh?

The next one was for the First Communion kids at our Church.  It was 1/2 white, 1/2 chocolate, and also filled with Fresh Strawberry Cream filling covered in Butter Cream.




The Rosary beads and Bible are both made out of fondant.  The Bible is a cardboard box.  I had considered making it out of cake, but it just seemed wrong to eat the Bible! I was very impressed with this one.


The Trendy Treehouse

2 comments:

  1. Erin, HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sorry I have not visited your blog in a while and am so tickled with returning after a lot of work! I LOVE your silliness about not eating the BIBLE! You continue to amaze me with your talent! Love, Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello stopping by from New friend Friday! Love the cakes. I wish I had that talent with cake.

    ReplyDelete

Facebook Fan Page