Thursday, April 22, 2010

Our Earth Day Adventure

The hubby and I decided that we'd take the Rowdy Bunch on a short road trip this week to Yellowstone National Park.  We are fortunate enough to live about 120 miles south of "the Park," but we haven't been since before the Munchkin was born.  Yeah, yeah, I know.  Anyhow, we tried to go today, okay, happy now?
Yes, we tried to go.  Turns out that this week there isn't an entrance fee to any of the National Parks.  Which is great - if you live near the West or North entrances of Yellowstone.  If you live near the South entrance it royally sucks isn't so great. We got up this morning still, loaded the Rowdy Bunch into the van, and off we went.  Did I mention it was rainy and overcast?  Were we going to let that deter us?  Never!  A quick stop for junk food nutritious and wholesome lunch items in Jackson Hole, and we were back on the road again.  We drove, and drove and drove.... couldn't see the Tetons because of the clouds.  So now I can say I've been to Grand Teton National Park, I just haven't seen them.  Yeah, I'm cool like that.
We drove until we could go no further.  We respectfully obeyed the "Road Closed" signs someday maybe I'll be a rebel, and had a picnic in an empty parking lot.  The boys ran around for a little while, but the clouds were looking more and more ominous, so we packed it up.  Good thing too, because it started snowing on us. It didn't stop until we got home.  Welcome to Wyoming in the Spring.
I think I have pictures I can upload... will have to check those later, when I find the camera!

Oh and I need a nickname for the hubby.... got any ideas?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Erin!! I'm visiting from New Friend Friday. I LOVE the nicknames for your kiddos. Gus-Gus?! Adorable. Love your Earth Day adventure!! :) Too funny.

    Alison
    http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great adventure :) I love your blog - the rowdy bunch is adorable. Visiting from Girl Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am stopping in from New Friend Friday at The Girl Creative (I know I am a day late!!)

    I am now a follower :)

    Visit me at http://stacievaughansblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin how about Papa cubed?? Ya i know i'm so original! lol

    ReplyDelete

Facebook Fan Page