Friday, April 16, 2010

Katie's Apron


Last month, I made an apron for my sister's BFF.  Well, I posted it on my Face Book fanpage, and one of my friends loved it.  It was a very "Katie" kind of fabric, and she asked me to make one for her.  I wanted to try a few different things I'd seen on other aprons, so luckily, Katie trusted me enough to give me artistic license on her apron.

There's the end result.  I LOVE it!  I still don't feel bad ass enough think I could pull off the skulls, but the style of it I love!  And it's so much fun to be able to say that it's a Mama Cubed Creations original design!!

Oh, and nap time is a beautiful thing, especially when every member of the Rowdy Bunch sleeps at the same time!  This is what I did yesterday - 


Lila Tueller's Eden Plumage in Buttercup is on the outside, and Kate Spain's Verna Damask in Budding Green is on the interior.  Doesn't this just scream Spring???  





And because I had two orders for cakes for this weekend, my Friday Night Sew-In was more like a Thursday Afternoon Sew-In!  Some day I am gonna sew on a friday night!!!







7 comments:

  1. New Friend Friday!
    I love your writing style. So funny and great sewing projects.

    Come and visit me at www.ladiessewingcircle.com

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cute!! I totally ♥ the apron AND the bag!! It really makes me wish I had more sewing skills! :) I found you via New Friend Friday, and I'm your newest follower! Nice to blog friend you!
    Stop by my blog if you feel so inclined!
    Happy Friday
    ♥ Aleesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, you are super woman and so so talented! Thank-you thank-you! I can't wait to get it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute stuff. I'm your newest follower from New Friend Friday at The Girl Creative. I love you blog. Can't wait to read more.

    -K
    http://mypottyseat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color choices on the apron!!! It turned out beautiful!!! The bag looks so good also! I love that fabric! Thanks for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following from The Creative Girl's New Friend Friday.

    Stop by and enter a giveaway for a Rachael Ray Bakeware set:
    http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/2010/04/do-you-know-about-family-of-csn-stores.html

    ReplyDelete

Facebook Fan Page